DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Plumbing Dishwasher and Washing Machine Wastes Together

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnny_t

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:08 pm Reply with quote

Was in Homebase tonight, and they sold 'Tees' (actually more of a through pipe with another one coming in as a side-entry) to plumb washing machine and dishwasher wastes together.

Current arrangement is that my washing machine comes out in a flexi hose which then feeds into a vertical pipe that comes out of the ground. Presumably this tee fits onto this pipe and then the two wastes attach to it, but I am not sure exactly how.

Do I sit this tee on the top of the existing pipe and then thread the w/m waste down through it, allowing the dishwasher water to run round the outside of the washign machine flexi, or do I have to cut the vertical pipe off near the bottom, add the tee and then fix both w/m and dishwasher flexis onto it ?

Is there any danger of the w/m and dishwasher sending too much water down the pipe if they drain simultaneously ?
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
chrishutt

from St. Pierre and Miquelon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:28 pm Reply with quote

I think you've got the wrong idea about this "t" fitting. It sounds like what would be fitted between a sink waste outlet and trap to take a hose connection.

You could try just putting both waste hoses into the standpipe. you would have to do a test run to see if the waste could take both discharges simultaneously. If not, you might need a separate standpipe for the second waste hose.

I think there is a 2 way adaptor available to fit on the top of standpipes, probably made by McAlpine . Try V33WM, but you may find it difficult to find.
 Alert Moderators
johnny_t

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:33 am Reply with quote

Ah yes - thinking about it you're probably right. Dishwasher OR Washing Machine, rather than AND. Had a three-year old with me when I was trying to read the back of the pack........
 Alert Moderators
chrishutt

from St. Pierre and Miquelon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:43 am Reply with quote

Didn't you check the Mcalpine link I gave you?
 Alert Moderators
johnny_t

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:49 pm Reply with quote

Sorry - got a new baby as well so time on t'web is snatched as and when I can get it. Dishwasher waste is currently plumbed inton the sink waste through a spigot, but keeps bubbling up into the sink even though I am almost 100% certain there is no blockage, which is why I want to move it completely to the w/m waste instead.

Couldn't find exactly what I was looking for on McAlpine but will keep looking. Thanks for the pointer !!

Incidentally, what would happen if I used something like the WM11, but without the U-bend at the bottom, and the top blanked off, and put it straight onto the vertical pipe ??

EDIT: Just to prove my point that I'm not getting time to read these things properly - V33WM - Exactly what I need. Thanks once again for your help......
 Alert Moderators
mk2phil

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:31 am Reply with quote

If using the V33WM fitting, how would the w/m pipe connect to it? Mine just has 2 rubber flaps that simply sits inside the standpipe.

Also, that fitting looks to have a sealed top - I thought the idea of having a standpipe was that its vented?if the pipes are connected to this would it make it air-tight?
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: