Any way to pump a PRV?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a customer who wants to have a new combi fitted in their basement.

Have worked out a way to route the flue and can use a saniflo pump for the condensate.

Am just wondering if there's any way to get around the PRV having to have a continuous fall?

I would have asked this in the combustion chamber, but am waiting for my approval for the site to be granted. Am Gas Safe registered, before anyone posts a reply saying "get a registered guy in to do it".

Many thanks,

Dan

Sponsored Links
Drop it into the condensate pump. Check with Saniflo that it is OK with their pump; use another make if not.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys,

Have opted for a Baxi & their combined PRV & condensate pump.
Pricey piece of kit but only one I found that specifically said that it's designed to do both.

hate to say this, but even ideal logic do a remote prv kit

p.s mysteryman. how do you think viessmann will best this solution where a condense pump is needed on the soon to be wb1c. for there combined condense and prv outlet?

MM might have a problem answering that unless the MI have now been written!

Perhaps it could be passed through a fanmy trap and then pipes in 32 mm plastic to the pump?

MM might have a problem answering that unless the MI have now been written!

they have. i mentioned this in the cc. think dan put a copy up i sent him.

3 bar prv on boiler plumbed into the return pipe. 22mm pipe teed off the return rising vertically until height of the flue then an external prv at 2.5 bar attached to this 22mm pipe then 15mm discharge ran off as normal. Baxi approved this solution and sold me the 2.5 bar prv. Check with your boiler manufacturer to ask if you could do the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back