Trianco Aztec/ Centaurplus C27 problems?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Have just moved into a flat with a trianco Aztec electric boiler paired with a Horstmann Centaurplus C27 programmer. Apart from a big white tank and (supposedly) knowing how to set the timer, that's as far as my knowledge goes with this system. My problem as far as I know is the timer. When I switch on the hw the water doesn't heat but the central heating gets hot!?. The ch light on the timer doesn't come on but the central heating defiantly gets hot. Same if I press the boost button, I hear the system start an the central heating comes on again, without the water getting hot. If I press the ch button the heating comes on fine. In short both the hw and ch buttons only turn on the ch?!
There is a separate immersion switch I can use to heat the water, but this can become expensive I I forget to turn it off.
Any help please?
Sorry for the long first post and thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
Hi.
Have just moved into a flat with a trianco Aztec electric boiler paired with a Horstmann Centaurplus C27 programmer. Apart from a big white tank and (supposedly) knowing how to set the timer, that's as far as my knowledge goes with this system. My problem as far as I know is the timer. When I switch on the hw the water doesn't heat but the central heating gets hot!?. The ch light on the timer doesn't come on but the central heating defiantly gets hot. Same if I press the boost button, I hear the system start an the central heating comes on again, without the water getting hot. If I press the ch button the heating comes on fine. In short both the hw and ch buttons only turn on the ch?!
There is a separate immersion switch I can use to heat the water, but this can become expensive I I forget to turn it off.
Any help please?
Sorry for the long first post and thanks in advance :)

With most leccy flow through boiler systems Rob; the HW is just heated by the immersion heaters, to confirm this do you have two immersion heaters?

The C27 is a two channel programmer, but if your HW is heated independly of the boiler, then it should just be a single channel, controling the CH only.

Any more questions mate, take some digi photos of your system & upload them............ ;)
HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back