Room Thermostat wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, can anyone help?

Trying to wire in a Honeywell T6360 thermostat. I have a 3 core mains cable (red yellow blue) and 4 connectors (nubered 1 to 4) in thermostat. Tried Honeywell helpline but constantly engaged.

Any ideas out there?

Sponsored Links
I wonder how long the Internet will have to be in existence before it occurs to people with a question like that to go to the manufacturer's website and look for themselves?

every thermostat ive fitted have the wiring on the actual stat aswell as the insuruction with the stat

Sponsored Links
Seriously - why do you think you should come here, expecting other people to do for you what you couldn't be bothered to do for yourself?

Actually - I guess that might not be true - it might not be that you couldn't be bothered to go to the Honeywell website and type the model number of your thermostat into their search facility.

I guess you could just not be bright enough to have thought of it.

you could have said please see 4 (but i understand your reasoning)

JohnnyP said:
Spark123 thanks alot!! Ban all sheds get over yourself!

you should have took the time to look for the wiring diagram yourself instead of expecting everyone else to do it for you

Checking inside the cover of my T6360, I find...

...the wiring diagram! :eek:

Use your multimeter to check the stat and connect it accordingly
if it's an electronic stat you could be snookered.
as hitcher says
Check for a wiring diagram, there is almost always one on the stat

Firstly I have absolutely no electrical experience so when I initally looked up the manufacturer's website (product given with no instuctions) the wiring diagrams looked like chinese to me. All I wanted was any help connecting three wires as I'm not prepared to pay an electrician £70, thanks.

God forbid I should turn to a public DIY forum for help! How completed unreasonable of me. More surprising is the effort in sending put down replies is probably more than answering the initial question (given your superior intellect, "you know who you think you are")

Anyway for the benefit of anyone else who has one of these little fellas to fit the wiring ia as follows:

Live - Terminal 1
Neutral - Terminal 2 - it must have a neutral connection to maintain accuracy
Switch-Live - Terminal 3
It does not need earthing as T6360 is double-insulated.

I am unable to comment on colours of wiring as electricians could use any type of cable.

It works beautfully too.

Ban all "people from using the internet" Sheds, ever thought of becoming a teacher?

JohnnyP said:
Firstly I have absolutely no electrical experience so when I initally looked up the manufacturer's website (product given with no instuctions) the wiring diagrams looked like chinese to me.
But you didn't say that. You said "Trying to wire in a Honeywell T6360 thermostat. I have a 3 core mains cable (red yellow blue) and 4 connectors (nubered 1 to 4) in thermostat. " - no indication whatsoever that you had a wiring diagram from the website that you couldn't understand, and every indication that you hadn't looked on the website at all.

Why do I say that?

Because this is what is on the website:

t6360.jpg

and it is (or ought to be) trivially simple to understand. It is not "chinese". It shows exactly what you describe below:

Live - Terminal 1
Neutral - Terminal 2
Switch-Live - Terminal 3

And that info was what Spark123 pointed you at, to which you said "thanks a lot", not "I've looked at that and I can't understand it".

So all in all the reasonable assumption was that you had not looked for the wiring diagram on the Honeywell website before posting here.

All I wanted was any help connecting three wires as I'm not prepared to pay an electrician £70, thanks.

God forbid I should turn to a public DIY forum for help!
And god forbid you should consider paying someone to do something that is beyond you?

How completed unreasonable of me.
If you'd explained that you'd got a wiring diagram that you couldn't understand, and put it in your message for people to interpret for you, and not given the impression that the Honeywell website document was new to you, then you would not have made yourself look like someone who hadn't done the most basic research themselves before coming here.

£70.00

Perish the thought !!

£70.00 for someone to do a small job (My rate is usually £35 or less)

I presume you will be issuing yourself a minor works certificate.

Or maybe not as the test equipment costs £570 - £1000
then upto £100 to calibrate it every year.

The fact that you have carried out DIY without relevant cerification now means your house insurance is invalid.

As things are, generally, electrical DIY work will get harder to hide / non certify.

From next year certification will be required for all properties for sale AND all rental properties, before letting.

This small job will probably be OK, and good luck to you. But it is good to see it from another persons perspective, ie the sole trader who has lots of hoops to jump through to just do the job he has been doing for years without miles of red tape.

To give an example, two years ago my minimum job was £10 less than it is now. I am making less profit due to spending more on business costs.

baldelectrician said:
£100 to calibrate it every year.
Get, or make, a self-checking box - save yourself a fortune. Well - the cost of a good meal out on your wedding anniversary, anyway...

The fact that you have carried out DIY without relevant cerification now means your house insurance is invalid.
Not necessarily.

From next year certification will be required for all properties for sale AND all rental properties, before letting.
I think that's only in Scotland. It's vaguely threatened for England & Wales via the House Seller's Pack, but nobody is holding their breath waiting for that to become a reality...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back