plaster falling off wall leaving big hole behind

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After some advice here, after removing the wallpaper in a newly rented council house some of the plaster has come loose and goes all the way down to the bricks.

It has been reported to the council but the date they will come and look at it is after our moving in date and we want to decorate before moving in.

What is my best option for sorting this my self with out spending to much and with li
Thanks

I'll upload some pics in a min as can't do on my phone

Sponsored Links
if i was you i would get some pva and a bag of bonding. Coat the places to plaster in waterdowned pva, and then bond out the holes. The walls are "bad" anyway so its up to you if you get them plastered or not after.

If you want them done by a plasterer, id get a few round for a quote, its only going to be £150 - £200. If you wait for the council, IMO, they will bodge up the holes and itll look bad.

If you can, get someone to plaster it properly, then it'll look 10000 times better.

brad

Those walls look pretty bad, looks like some one has used cement/render around the window.
It would look a better job if all holes were filled out, pva the walls and complete re-skim of the walls.

The angle beads are rusty.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replys, been on to council today about it and there sending a building inspector out to look at it all as well as a complaints officer so fingers crossed they will do something about it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back