Water suddenly gone lukewarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Mira with a Mira PST3 pump . It gets hot water from the central heating system (if warm) or by immersion switch. However, it has suddenly gone to just a shade above lukewarm even if I turn the switch right round to max.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks
Tom

Sponsored Links
I assume your tap water is still hot?
If so, it's most likely the stat on the Mira is faulty, or the associated valve is stuck. Ok, not very helpful.

Yes tap water is hot and the pipe runninginto the pump is also hot. If the valve is stuck is there anyway to "unstick it" without major surgery or a new pump?

Might be worth checking the inlet filters on the hot side, probably on the pump inlet, but maybe on shower inlet too. You're looking for an almost blocked filter.

Sponsored Links
Oh sounds like a job for a professional. I live in Milton Keynes (no cow jokes please :LOL: ) anyone recommend someone and any idea of cost?
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back