Shower got no power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering if someone might be able to give me a bit of guidence

I've got a Mira thermostatic shower fitted at home, its been fine for the last couple of years but the other day the service light and low pressure light showed on the unit.

This only happened once and the shower continued to work as normal afterwards.

However this morning the shower showed on signs of life - the celling pull cord when pulled to the on position did not light up to show it being powered, and the shower also was not powered.

Strangely i left it about 10 mins - tried the cord again this time it came on and worked fine - had shower as normal.
Once i had the shower i pulled the cord to switch if off - which it did - and then pulled it again to see if it would come on again - it didn't

I'm not sure what is likely to be the problem - i.e. is it the shower unit or the isolation pull cord switch?
I checked in the fuse box downstairs and nothing was tripped.

is there anything i can try to help identify the cause and figure out if its parts that i need or a good electrician!

There is also a smallish sealed box unit in the shower room - i assume this may be a separate shower fuse box?

I've not really had chance to have a look yet, but if anyone has any ideas of what to check first when i get home would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Check your wiring connections inside the DP switch. Could be just a loose connection. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back