Types of render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I\\\'m currently looking for a new house with my wife. We have seen a nice one we like but its brickwork and it looks a bit tatty. I was thinking of rendering over it so my question is what types of render are there or is that a stupid question? I want to stay there a long time if we move so I want something that is going to last a very long time. Do some types of render last longer than others and whats the difference in cost?

please note 9 which is here

also please post in the relevant forum, your post has been moved

Sponsored Links
brick is better than render and you may need planning permision to render it, in some cases rendering will knock thousands off the price of your property. there are guarantees on any product but it all comes down to whoes using them.

There are actually three types of reindeer. Marine, Tundra and Forest. They vary in size, and density of coat. They all have the distinction that both the male and female have antlers. In other species of deer it is only the male that has them.

Sponsored Links
texmex thats actually very funny :) after reading through a whole lot of pages on rendering and then to read that you made me giggle

take care
steve

You`re a rendaphile...goddam prevert.......go to Hastings for your hol. the whole friggin place is Viccy. rendered,and a classic art deco block of flats. you`ll be walking the prom with a semi lobon :eek: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I was Rendered totally incapable there once

But seriously, there are better ways to treat brickwork than render it. If you clean it and repoint it, even the most apalling looking brickwork can generally be revitalised.

TexMex said:
But seriously, there are better ways to treat brickwork than render it. If you clean it and repoint it, even the most apalling looking brickwork can generally be revitalised.

And if you dont like the colour you can get brick dye :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back