Central heating probs.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help. I have a Falcon combi boiler. It is 1 and half years old. The water is hot and available at any time but the radiators will not come on at all. The radiator standby light will come on when hot water is run. It then switches off. Its doing my head in. We are all freezing, and winters not even here!. Any suggestions what can be the cause

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Try the reset switch first (left hand side of the boiler) and then ensure the central heating is turned on. Check to see if you can hear the pump spinning. The operating manual includes full instructions for trouble shooting.

The boiler should still be under warranty (two years). Contact your installer or Ferroli direct who will send out a heating engineer.

Thanks Peewee2 for the info. Tried as you suggested - the reset switch previously, but no joy. However cant hear the pump spinning, no noise at all (its so cold even the boiler has gone into hibernation) Unfortunatly we can't find the instruction booklet as I have a tendency to put things in a safe spot and they vanish into thin air!!! We have tried contacting the installer, left loads of messages but no replies. I didn't realise that the boiler was under a 2 year gaurantee. Do you have the number, or suggest where I can find it so I can phone the company direct.
Much appreciated
TrezB :)

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a PCB fault ( CH anti cycling delay circuit? ).

Most two year warranties require the boiler to be serviced by a CORGI engineer before the end of the first year.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back