memera 2000 fuse box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can buy a new "fuse holder" for a memera 2000 fuse box. I want to wire in a new plug socket ring to my existing fuse box and I have one spare slot available for what I call a "fuse holder"!! It's the thing that you can pull from the box to isolate the ring and/or change a fuse (aprox 2inches high and 0.5inches wide)

Also, what amp fuse should I use (13?)??

There will be 12 double sockets in a ring hanging off it.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
shandyf said:
Also, what amp fuse should I use (13?)??
Are you really sure that you have enough knowledge and experience right now to be doing this?

Also, are you aware of Part P of the Building Regulations, and the fact that as this is notifiable work you are required to notify your LABC about it before you start?

No, I'm not sure.

The main thing here is that I don't know the specific name for this "fuse holder" - give me a break.

Yes - I DO know that I need to do things differently with building regs nowadays and I have it covered with a qualified electrician.

I am simply trying to get this "part", i.e. the "fuse holder" bought in advance so he can just arrive and do the job.

Can you possibly help me at all?

Thanks

shandyf said:
Can you possibly help me at all?

Thanks

yes. let the spark get the right stuff. and for a start, its not 13A.

Sponsored Links
Hmm.

While we're on the subject.

Do these consumer units come in metalclad?

Has anybody used them, what do you think of them?

It looks like you need a B32 amp MCB to fit the memera 2000 consumer unit. They clip onto the din-rail, and are available for many electrical wholesalers.

that's why I buy MK consumer units,

They make an adaptor kit (retrofit kit) to fit new style MCB's into the old sentry units. (these old units were out at lease 15 years BEFORE memra 2000) but MK still do spares.

As I have said before you get what you pay for.

And with MK that's flimsy cases, dodgy bus-bar covers, MCBs that won't sit upright on the rail.....

Sticking with the correct make means you have a fully type tested consumer unit which is a better idea, I think the OP might have got it fixed now though as the post was made in 2005

Yep using some other manufacturers kit is going to leave you with a non-compliant installation.

For the sake of a few quid, buy the correct part, and leave yourself with a safe, compliant installation.

Oh and the day I start taking the advice of 'the guy from wickes' over specific instruction from the manufacturers is the day I need to start taking a long hard look at where my life has gone wrong.

IIRC, the memera 2000 had two revisions. The earlier one having wider busbar tabs. You are meant to use memshield 2 commerial range if you need a breaker to fit the earlier revision. I cant remember which range for the later revision.

I know this is from 2005, but MK have went downhill since then

I don't use MK now as they are (in my opinion) cheap, flimsy and prone to manufacturing defects. This applies to the acessories and the consumer units

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back