zanussi FJS1225W won't start programme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a zanussi FJS1225W which is failing to actually start a programme.

Normal behaviour is that upon switching on the washer, the remainder of options become available for selection (fabric, temp, spin speed, options, and timesave). These can be selected accordingly and the door closed (without it actually locking) before the final 'start/pause' button is pressed (flashing before being pressed) to start the programme. At this point the door locks and away we go.

Now, the machine has started behaving differently in these aforementioned preparatory stages, as follows:-

When I press the 'on' button, the door lock immediately attempts to lock (and re-attempts continuously if the door is open - audible). Concurrently, the 'option' lights do not light up and cannot be configured/altered. At this point the display displays "---" flashing. The only way of getting the options light/controls to function at this point is to select the 'fabric' control, which seems to then activate the remainder of the options controls. However, after selecting the desired programme details, the (now flashing) start/pause button fails to function - i.e. it continues to flash and pressing it won't start the programme!

The door has locked at this point, and hence after switching 'off' I have to wait the usual 2-3mins before it unlocks again.

Is there a way or 'trick' to rectify this situation? Perhaps by switching off at the wall, etc.? Or is this a service engineer call-out case?

Sponsored Links
there is a fault diagnosis sequence which must be followed. the machine will tell you whats wrong in very specific detail. the problem is that the manual is in excess of 70 pages long. i have a licensed copy of it. the problem is that you would have to enable the diagnosis sequence and correctly interpret the light sequence for me to be able to look up the likely cause. if however your machine is able to digitally display a fault code, then i could easily interpret it for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back