worcester bosch greenstar 24i system wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My plumber will be fitting me a greenstar 24i system boiler in just over a week, which will be nice, because then i will have heating.

Todays job is to finish the wiring for the controls (i have a danfoss controls pack with the FP715 for Y plan setup).

I'm not sure if the boiler needs a permanent live. does anyone know? this is the difference of running twin and earth vs. 3 core + earth from the wiring centre to the boiler.

Worcester don't have detailed install instructions on their site, and it being sunday i'm reluctant to ring the plumber to ask!!

thanks

slip

Sponsored Links
I found it ok on the worcester bosch site, click on installer then on literature then on installation instructions and it is on page 26 , but the answer is yes it has permanent live. :p

Modern electronics require that boiler has permanent feed or it would go through initial fire up every time the system controls call for heat, wasteful and impractical. Also most have build in frost protection which wouldn't work without a permanent feed.

It does require a perm live to the boiler and the only lives to the honywell wiring center must come from the boiler ,in other words the live from the spur goes direct to the boiler and no other lives from the spur if a perm live is also taken to the wiring center it will result in problems at a later date such as say the board fuse blowing to protest the board that will result in all controls/timers dead if it gets power into the board via the timer or stat connections via a second perm live damage will result. As a rule would you put two plugs onto one appliance !

Sponsored Links
Probably most important of all though is that it needs the permanent live to provide pump over run after a demand for heat in order to cool the boiler down.

Tony Glazier

This is why I dont use the Greenstar, too overly complicated, wiring instructions vague, and having to run unecessary wires "from" the boiler as well, Icos/Isar lot easier, 3 core+earth job done.

i was looking on a different page on the W-B site.

The requirement to have an isolator right next to the boiler is rubbish. It's a fixed appliance so it needs a means of isolation, and that means of isolation must be accessable. But doesn't need to be next to it at all.

I think that you may find that if the isolator is not beside it then there has to be a notice saying where it actually is!

Tony

Id say most important is to keep it safe, follow Mi and test it fully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back