wire a cooker is this correct

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

i am going to wire a cooker

10mm cable

40amp breaker

i have puta link with a picture on how i am going to do this and tell me weather its correct or not.

regards

http://members.aol.com/badboyproducer/cooker

please note 1a which is here

i have removed your "bump" post

Sponsored Links
if the links actually worked, then we might have an idea what you plan to do

Revenge of AOL eh??

Cooker.JPG

You need to add .jpg to end of your images. Anybody using a decent web browser won't be able to see them.

But, yes, it is fine.

Sponsored Links
cheers for that sparks how did you do it????

what did you put at the end????

Ryan just one more question the thing that confuses me is do i need to use a bit of my off cut of cable to go fromthe switch to my cooker....

wont the cooker be supplied with cable?

+++++++++++++++++++++++

outlet plate please elaborate?

mini2

please note ALL the forum rules, i have to keep editing your posts (I have a delete button too ;) ) they can be seen here

cooker cable outlet plate..

thats just a blank plate.

im confused?

no its not, it may look like one but it isn't

it has big terminals and a cord grip and is generally placed behind the cooker. It is the point where the cable from the cooker joins the fixed wiring of the house. having a cable just coming out of the wall is considered a bad way to do it for a number of reasons.

has no one noticed the suppy is going into the load terminals of the switch and cooker is on the supply side?

:confused:

no, its just the words under the arrows are transversed, but you have to remeber mini2 is still learning, so we take it that he is still learning to put words in the right places.

he also forgot to put a consumers unit in on the ring and fcu draing he did, but we knew what he meant.

we cant all be perfik

plug wash i understand now.

so from the:

board to the cooker switch/

cooker switch to the cooker cable outlet plate/

cooker cable outlet plate to the cooker :D i get ya and thanks...

supersparks i sometimes get confused with the supply and loa/load and supply..
guess it has to do with my left and right hands haha.
no harm done but thank you for pointing it out.

breezer thanks again as you understand ims till learning and like you said you udnerstood what i ment but in future i'll make sure i add the d/b and make sure i have the laod and supply correctly round

haha :D

thanks everyone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back