Washer not rinsing properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help,please?....our Miele Novotronic washing machine doesn't rinse properly.Even if you run the rinse cycle several times,there's still soapy water left in the drum and left in the items you're rinsing.
Any suggestions as to how to cure this?

please note 6a which is here your post has been edited

Sponsored Links
check your drain pump filter for a blockage. it's always the first thing to check. use the emergency drain tube to empty it completely before you remove the filter otherwise all of the water will come out onto your floor.
if the filter is clear then investigate the various pipes attached. miele are prone to allowing a 5p piece to get into the outlet pipe causing a partial blockage.

Many thanks,Keithwasherman...I've done what you suggested but can't find any blockages.One thing I have noticed is that inside the rubber drain hose,just below the drum,there's a ball,a bit smaller than a tennis ball.Presumably it's supposed to be there and perhaps it acts as a non-return valve but please could you kindly confirm this.If it isn't supposed to be there then this could be what impedes the rinsing.

Thank you for your help,or for anyone else's who replies to this post.

Sponsored Links
The ball you describe is indeed a non return valve, to prevent the machine from filling up with waste water from the kitchen sink etc. These can sometimes cause problems and I remove them in some cases. You don't need this ball if the machines drain hose drops into the top of a standpipe but it is probably worth keeping it if the hose plugs onto a cone connector on the sink trap. In the latter case you should also check if this cone is partially blocked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back