LG dishwasher showing \\\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few weeks ago my LG dishwasher reported \\\"OE\\\" fault. On its initial failure the fault code was \\\"HE\\\"(fault in heater circuit) but after switch off then every attempt failed \\\"OE\\\". On my machine I traced the fault to a burnt out connection on the main printed circuit board located in top of door panel. The PCB no doubt would cost an arm and a leg as all the board components are sealed in a covering of a sort of epoxy resin.
The clue to this fault is that the rear of the board (the white plastic) shows signs of over heating around the blue relay and pink connector of the board.I was determined I wasn\\\'t going to spend a fortune so I used a sharp modelling knife to carefully gain access to the printed circuit and repair the
burnt out part of the board.All components were ok but why had this burnt out in the first place? Well I traced the wiring to relay on the bottom leg of the dishwasher (RH looking from the front). I opened the relay and a bit of plastic fell out, on checking this I found it was a bit of the relay casing that had broken off preventing the relay operating. I put everything back together and it is working ok ever since.
All it cost was a bit of solder and a lot of patience
You have to have a knowledge of electric circuits and take all safety precautions, but that must be the case or you wouldn\\\'t be looking on this website.
Good luck.
Ken

Sponsored Links
the reason this usually happens is that the board manufacturers don't solder high current devices ( like a heater, approx 2.5kw ) with a strong enough hold. you get a dry joint and there is the normal cause. your manufacturers repair people will always replace the boards at a considerable cost, when in fact i manage to repair most faults with a blob of solder.

Thanks WAKXW54!

Same problem happened to me last night, finally got the thing pulled apart, but couldnt find the problem... After searching the net found your problem was the same and also had the answer to fix it! Saved me lots of money.... cheers dude :D

locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back