Please help me choose a belt sander

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of deciding what belt sander to buy.

Never used or owned one before, and like most things it seems as soon as I've brought a new tool. I realise I should have got the other one that was another £10 because it had a feature or something that I did'nt realise was important.

So I am interested in what to look for. I'm only a DIYer so not looking to spend thousands.

At this stage the most important factor for me is DUST. I need to be able to extract as much dust away as possible.

Looking at some well known websites, they recomend the Ryobi for good dust extraction. But I'd prefer to spend £40 on a dust hover, and say £40 on the sander its self. Trouble is most tools seem to have a rectangle connectior and I cannot find an adaptor does anyone know where

Sponsored Links
link dosnt work for me ;)

with any belt sander[or any sander for that matter] you wont pick up all the dust it can only pick up what follows the belt and is caught in the air flow to the extractor point
wont catch the sawdust pushed out the side or left behind

Make your own adaptor. Select a piece of plastic pipe with the right diameter, then heat it up with a hot air gun (or boiling water) and form it round the spigot on your machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back