Strip light bulb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have managed to take the old light tube out and buy a replacement but it is extremely difficult to put the new tube back in the fitting. Apart from using force as an option which seems silly when you are holding a thin tube I can't see anyway around it. The pins at the end of the tube do not seem to want to fit even though they are the same size as the old one!

Help please!
:(

Sponsored Links
what exactly seems to be the problem? pins too big? can't get both caps on.

is this an insert and twist fitting or one where you have to spring the caps on.

It is a german maker called Thebo

http://www.thebo.net/Thebo2005/PDF/thebo2005.pdf

R2400/18

It does appear to be a twist to put back in as I didn't do that to remove the bulb.

The fittings at the end can be pushed in towards the main fitting but that does seem to help the fact the the pins won't go into the holes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I should have also said that the pins are the same size! and its Doesn't appear to be a twist fit not does

please note 10a which is here

the normal method is to oush it into one end then pull on the other end and pop it in

Sponsored Links
Finally managed to change it first by taking it down from under the kitchen cabinet and then figured out it was a twist and fit!!

Because I didn't take it out that way it wasn't obvious!!

Thanks!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back