Tricity Bendix AW1400W Faulty Drain Pump and Module

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The washing machine stopped pumping, when I took the pump off it was very obvious that the pump was burnt out so I purchased a new one but when I fitted it the machine wouldn't work. I removed the Module and again it was obvious that a component on the board had burnt out it was black and charred. I fitted a new module now all the led's flash but nothing else. I acquired a manual but it doesn’t mention if all led's flash what to do
Can anyone help as I've already spent quite a bit so far

Sponsored Links
on some machines you have to enter a code to tell the board which machine you've fitted it to. i would expect the board literature will explain this, have another read. configuration code is what you're looking for.

Thanks Keithwasherman but there was no literature with the board, maybe the manufacturers don't want us to have this information.

i'm not familiar with your particular machine. can you tell me if your function buttons are laid out horizontally or vertically?
i have a module diagnostics manual, but it does my head in reading it. if you get back to me i'll try to pick out the relevant info for you to try.
it could take a while.
alternatively if you can get manuals it is distriparts publication number
5993508-38.

Sponsored Links
It has horizontal buttons. The manual you are talking about maybe the one i've got which guides you through the diagnostic cycle but mentions nothing about if all LED's flash simultaneously and this is the problem as soon as I press the start pause and the next button to the left and turn the program dial to the right

from what i can gather (without refering to the manual) the first step of the diagnostics is that all leds should flash. i'll have to look up to find out whats next

Thanks for the help Keithwasherman
but the saga has ended regarding this washer,
I found out that there are four alternative modules for this model and guess what, I had the wrong one.

When I ordered the module there was no option online to enter a product code only a model number. when I entered the model number there was only one module listed which I think is bad.
Anyway thanks again

Johnnyhoz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back