Hotpint Tripping Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Have a Hotpint Dishwaser BC145.

The problem is that it keeps tripping the power out in my house. I have had the dishwasher for 18months now and never had this problem before. But its driving me mad.

When I go to the washer I can programme the applience for the required washing cycle. But when I shut the door It trips the main fuse box in my house.

I have tried to plug the machine into a different socket but it still causes the main fuse box to trip.

Can anybody help???

Cheers

Sponsored Links
i've fixed two of these recently and in both cases it was the heater unit. if you unplug the machine and tilt it backwards you should see the heater unit. if it's the same as the ones i've seen then it will be a silver cylinderwith a two wire multiplug attached. take off that plug and try again. if it fires up then it's almost certain that the heater is the culprit. you'll have to get another one.

I will give that one a try tomorrow. Sounds like a good reason for the problem.

I did check inside the electronics and switches on the front of the machine today for moisture but as its a fitted dishwasher I`ll dismantle half the kitchen and pull it out tomorrow to get to the back of the machine.

Will let you know how things work out.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
if it's a built in appliance then the advice i've given may not be as straight forward. i do still think that the heater is worth checking. on the other hand if this machine is actually an indesit rebranded then you may have a loose lower spray arm support tower or a leaking o-ring on the drain pump where it fits into the sump. as i always say you can't beat actually seeing it for onesself. good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back