how do i empty my washing machine drain pipe?

ng

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my washing machine is not draining and so i have a machine full of clean washing (maybe) all ready but can't be emptied cos full of water. i see from previous posts that i should disconnect the drain pipe and empty it in to a bucket. how do i know which is the drain pipe? don\\\'t have the manual and no idea who plumbed it in. there are three pipes coming out the back: grey ribbed one, a red and a blue. and at what point do i disconnect it? please help, my nice clothes are meanwhile sitting in horrid old water!

Sponsored Links
Its the grey ribbed pipe, follow the pipe FROM the machine it will either be hooked into a pipe or a push fit on the sink U bend.

brilliant, thank you! it has a connection half way up it and then again at the sink u-bend bit that is a metal grip around it. do i unscrew one of them, or do i just unscrew the u-bend itself? sorry, being very girly. don't want to flood the kitchen!

Sponsored Links
thanks for your help. i undid the jubilee clip (learnt that name today!) and drained all the water.
now to find out why it wasn't draining...

Sorry cant help you with that, but if you state Make / model number & symptons ie is the pump running, you may well get some advise, although it will probably be have a service call (is the machine under warranty?)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back