Building Regs Require Door Closing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are in the process of conveting a basement flat back into the main house.

Building regs have advised all rooms that are not bathrooms or kitchens must have door closers on them as the house is 3 floors or over.

If we do install door closers we will want to remove them once building regs have given the sign off.

Whats the cheapest option here or does anyone know a workaround?

What door closing mechanisms are easiest to fit but also leave minimum visible damage to door or frame shoud we remove them?

The only thing I can think of is buy the door closing units, fit them, get sign-off, take closing units off, take back to shop and get refund.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
dont knw who what or where, but you ccan get ones that fit in the door, and "pull" the door shut, unlike most which push it shut.

i also understand what you are thinking but what if there is a fire, shut door saves lives

Sponsored Links
p2257587_l.jpg

You have to be careful here as it's may effect your building insurance. I have been in a house fire when I was 18 yrs old and it's very frightening experience and the fire doors wasn't neccessary on all door frames at the time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back