2 of 4 Cold Rads Down Stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 4 Rad upstairs and 4 Downstairs, I had a new gloworm system fitted 3 months back by a corgi engr. In the last few weeks, when I turn on the central heating via the dialer, sometimes it comes on, other times it does not. The recent problem is that all the rads upstairs get hot and two down stairs. The Rads have all been changed to new ones and bleeded. Cam it be the Pump, the valves or sludge.

Sponsored Links
Was it a 2 month guarantee :?: :LOL: Have you got a wet patch where a corgi`s wee`d on you.

Sponsored Links
cutting down the flow to the rads that get hot ...to encourage more water to go to the rads that are cold. The boiler will have a 1 yr. Manufacturer`s guarantee, the installer may help you out,though to be fair it`s not necesarily he`s caused any probs. I`m just taking the P. :rolleyes:

Balancing, stand on one leg with cheque book in one hand and cup of tea in other, try not to fall over by giving engineer cup of tea and cheque at same time

I have turned off the rads that get hot and too my surprise, the other two that never got hot went extremely hot. After 3 hours, I have turned them all off waiting too see if they now all get hot when turned back on. All rads have been opened
Any advise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back