whirlpool dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
wodering if anyone can help My dishwasher developed a problem where it goes into fault after starting it, straight away, there is no indication of what the fault is it just seems as if it is trying to fill but an intermittant beep sounds straight away after the door is closed, the filters in the machine are clear. any ideas where to start looking next. Does anyone have a maintenance manual for a ADG 7952 serial no 330251002445. Its an intergrated machine so any help would be appreciated before i have to take it out and operate. thanks Noeley. :cry:

Sponsored Links
at this stage you do not need to take it out.
i must say that from the model number i don't know if it's got a drawer line control panel or if it's fully integrated. i'll start with drawer line.
if the green led next to your start button is flashing then you must first press and hold it until you hear your drain pump running. it will do this for approx 30 secs and stop. now turn off your machine then back on to select prewash. now momentarily press start as normal and see what happens. if it completes to prewash o.k. then try selecting your normal cycle. if it does that o.k. then usually jobs done. if it doesn't then i'd suspect the heater circuit.
if it's fully integrated then i can't remember how to reset it without seeing it. if you know how to then try what i've said above.
if you don't know and nobody else posts a reply then try this:-
1.turn off the machine at supply.
2. remove your kick board.
3.you will find a kinked lower front panel on your machine held in with four screws (torx type)
4. remove this panel
5. you will now see your main circuit board attached to the base.
6 GENTLY unclip this unit trying not to disturb the connectors on it
7. put your hand inside the base and feel for water lying in base.

8. if there is some it will be about a pint or two. try to get it out ( i use an aquavac)
9 once dried up try your machine again having replaced the circuit board holder but leave off the panel.
10 if it starts up then you shine a torch inside to look for leaks. DON'T put your hands inside.
11 if no leaks then it's probably o.k. now. (that was all it took for a recent one of my customers)
12 if however water pours out then you've suffered from a fairly common problem where the spray pump "blows off" the main water delivery hose.
13 if that is the case then your machine will have to be removed and a strong clip fitted to replace hose to the spray pump.
14 allow the whole thing time to dry out ( you can help with a hair dryer) and then try again.
good luck

Thanks to Keithwasherman. Your suggestion of holding the start button for 30 sec has brought my machine back to life after appearing to be locked in an unfinished cycle. Saved me the hassle of having to find a service /repair agent and a call-out charge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back