tiling the bath side

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anybody know how to successfully build a frame and tile the side of the bath, without the tiles sliding off as my previous attempts have failed miserably :cry:

Sponsored Links
The side could be a panel, that you fix after tiling. That way you can lay it flat to lay the tiles and then fix the panel once the adhesive and grout have gone off. ;)

nstreet said:
The side could be a panel, that you fix after tiling. That way you can lay it flat to lay the tiles and then fix the panel once the adhesive and grout have gone off. ;)

That's what I did with mine and they are still there after 2.5 years. If the panel is MDF make sure you seal it well with PVA so that the panel doesn't soak all the moisure from the adhesive.

Sponsored Links
oops!
May get some flak for that bit about pva.
I always used it.
Then, somebody on here explained in great detail why It's no good for tiling over.
They'll more than likely point you in the direction of their post for the correct sealant to use. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back