Zanussi Dishwasher Model DW20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anybody help. My dishwasher refuses to start when setting the program. The power on/off neon glows momentarily when I cycle the power button. If I leave the power button on and open the door the mains neon comes on full brightness. Then goes off again when I close the door. I have checked the mains supply and it is ok. Does anyone know where I can get a circuit diagram from? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
bit of a wierd one this. i would take off the front door panel and with the power disconnected i'd inspect the wiring loom where it crosses the bottom of the door. this area is prone to wiring faults in many different dishwashers. give each wire a tug one at a time you may have some cut and some with bared conductor allowing leakage.

Thanks for the reply. I have just come back from the house after eventually finding the problem. After checking for 240v at various places on the machine I noticed that when I checked live to neutral the voltage dropped to about 80 volts when I shut the door. This was at the main terminals on the power on switch. Tracing back down the wiring loom I found the incoming mains connector was burnt away and the neutral was hanging on by a thread. I rewired the incoming with 30 amp connectors. All is well in the world again!!!. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back