Yale 6400 Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I just had my alarm call me whilst I am away, luckily I have CCTV so was able to check the property. Low and Behold nothing untoward, this has happened now on 3 occasions and is starting to get very annoying. I can't work out what is causing the PIR to go off, we have been away from the house since Tuesday why on earth has it gone off now? The house is completely empty. Any help trying to get to the bottom of this would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
When you get home, look at the log on the control oanel.

You mean the system has been in place for some time without false alarms?

How old are the batteries?

Is it an HSA6400?

Do you have a local keyholder who can go in?

Hi,

I just had my alarm call me whilst I am away, luckily I have CCTV so was able to check the property. Low and Behold nothing untoward, this has happened now on 3 occasions and is starting to get very annoying. I can't work out what is causing the PIR to go off, we have been away from the house since Tuesday why on earth has it gone off now? The house is completely empty. Any help trying to get to the bottom of this would be appreciated.

Yep as john says you need to check your fault log via prog-code-tick button select fault log (if it shows)

If there is no fault log then the sensor that has caused the activation will list when you press green - your code. Then use the down arrow to cycle through activation events.

It may be a tamper problem if your pir cover is not fastened on properly or in an empty house it may be a problem caused by sunlight directly hitting the pir lens either directly through a window or reflected from a surface.

Is it happening at any particular time?

If your sensors battery is low this could cause an issue as the device comes in and out of the system. This can cause problems on 6200 systems where batteries have not been routinely swapped but on a 6400 system you should have had a fault showing battery low in the sensor or notification that the sensor has dropped our of the system before now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back