Ink in dryer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I tried some of the other recommendations like rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover, ect. and none worked. I ended up using 100% acetone and it worked great. I found the 100% acetone at Walgreens next to the nail polish removers. I used the acetone on a white washcloth and scrubbed and it all came out. Acetone is water soluble so afterwards wipe down inside with water and I then put a couple a wet white towels inside and ran a complete cycle. Dryer is like new now and I now will check my pockets before doing the wash!!!

Sponsored Links
I just tried your recommendation of 100% Acetone and it worked great! I was able to remove all of the ink marks from the dryer drum. Make sure you have plenty of ventilation when cleaning with Acetone. It has a strong vapors.

I had an ink stain in my dryer this afternoon and I didn't know how to get it off and I wasn't going anywhere to buy some acetone because I just didn't have time. (Busy Mom) So I had some "WORK OUT in the cupboard, I sprayed the dryer where the red ink stains were with this "WORK OUT" and then I threw a wet towel in the dryer and turned it on hot for about ten minutes and then I took out the towel and then I took a SOS pad a lightly wiped where the ink was and it came off without scratching the enamel. After that I wiped the dryer with a damp towel and turned on the dry again for about five minutes to make sure the stains were gone, and they were.
So you can get rid of some house hold stains with any of your cleaning supplies that you all ready have in your home. So try what you have first and then if that doesn't work, then you may have to go out and purchase something.
Good luck..................

post locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back