Whirlpool Washer Door Locked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I release the door on my Whirlpool \\\'Solutions\\\' washing machine. It appears the door interlock has failed in the closed position and the door won\\\'t open, even with the supply disconnected. Any ideas please.

Sponsored Links
You may have to destroy the door interlock to open the door. There will be a small plastic peg that pokes through a corresponding hole in the sliding plate that forms the lock. You need to locate said peg and push it in. To get access to the switch you can loosen the front of the cabinet (the door seal will prevent it from coming right off). If you take the bottom trim panel off you will see the screws that secure the bottom edge of the front panel. Take these off and push the panel downwards to release it.

Thanks vm fido - it does not seem that easy but I will guive it a try at the weekend. I have got to try something as the wife wants her clothes back.

sometimes a good thump on the front panel will release the lock.
apart from that fidos advice is spot on. the only awkward part is relocating the front panel. if you're not used to it you must make sure that the locating points on the cabinet are properly located in the "keyhole" points on your front panel. then side it upwards about 5 to 10mm before replacing the three screws.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all - removed it OK. Waiting replacement part to arrive hoping thats all thats wrong with it. I had tried booting (and bouncing) it first with no effect - small interlock comprised of black (door bit) and brown (electrical bit) - had to split it apart to remove it (but quite easy tags and lugs) - after found a small pin toggle at the end hidden under a black cover thats not apparent unless you know what to look for.
Once again thanks for help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back