electric oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently having a new fitted kitchen and had an electrician run a spur from a double socket to below the worktop level for the oven to be powered from after being assured that it wasnt necessary to have thicker cooker wire. Is this correct. According to the installation instructions the power max usage is 2.07kW and the fuse rating is 13AMP. Any information would be appriciated as i am not very good with electrics

Sponsored Links
it would have been better if he could have extended the ring but yes it is fine, because it only draws (as you said) 2.07Kw a plug / socket can supply up to 3 kw.

Sponsored Links
One thing I would add to this is make sure you get a good quality plug eg. MK type (if there is not a moulded one on the oven) ..some of the cheaper ones leave a lot to be desired and are only good enough for table lamps etc.

MK646.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back