Zanussi DWS 949 not drying

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Zanussi DWS 949 not drying. There is a buzz (like a solenoid buzz) from the machine in the drying cycle but that is it. Is there supposed to be a fan when drying on this model, I dont know because I was given this machine secondhand and it was the first time I tried it.

Also the arms are perfectly clear of debris and the arms turn freely by hand, the water is shooting out of the holes but both top and bottom spray arms dont turn when in wash mode.

Cheers,
Andy.

Sponsored Links
forgive me but i don't understand what you are asking. you mention drying then you also say that it's not washing. can you be specific as to the problem and don't mention anything else that may be confusing the issue.

keithwasherman said:
forgive me but i don't understand what you are asking. you mention drying then you also say that it's not washing. can you be specific as to the problem and don't mention anything else that may be confusing the issue.

OkeyDokey then I will take one thing at a time. The Dishwasher is not drying the dishes all I can hear is a buzz coming from the machine when it is in drying mode. Is this model dishwasher from zanussi supposed to have a fan going when drying?

It says inside the machine 'Active Drying' .

Sponsored Links
impulse drying turns on the heating element twice during the drying phase for periods of aprox 30 seconds.

active drying is where the moisture is condensed after it evaporates from the plates following a hot final rinse.

turbo drying is where an external fan fitted to the roof of the washer, forces the moist air into the condensor unit.

for more specific info you need to prvide the product number which is likely to begin 911.............

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back