Quotes.

• Thread starter thispersonhasdied
  • Start date
T

thispersonhasdied

I currently have one single light in a room, and I want the little Pin Spots scattered around a room, I think, 5 would be quite nice. GU10 fittings.

How much would it be for an electrician to come and dot his job all in?

And, I would like to get 2 more 13amp double gang sockets installed...

Is this difficult to do?, and how much for this?

And then how much for the entire job?

Lee.

Sponsored Links

How on earth can we know unless we go on site to see what the situation is?

You installation may need some updating, as RCDs are mandatory for those extra sockets.

You may have engineered wood flooring everywhere which would make the sockets very expensive, as you would need a carpenter to take up and put down the floor.

This floor may also be upstairs, so the ceiling would have to come down, wiring put in and then someone would have to make it like swiss cheese to put in crappy lights. (see, I don't like them).

You need to find three electricians to visit, get them to give you quotes. Then you'll know how much.

I currently have one single light in a room, and I want the little Pin Spots scattered around a room,
Why? Don't you need the room to be properly lit any more?

So you're not sure?

5 would be quite nice.
Would it?

GU10 fittings.
Total wattage of what you're putting in vs what you currently have?

About the same as dinner for two. Whether that's "Have you ever been to a Harvester before?" or Gidleigh Park depends on all sorts of things which nobody can say without seeing the job.

Is this difficult to do?,
crystal_ball.jpg

About the same as dinner for two and a room for the night.

I currently have one single light in a room, and I want the little Pin Spots scattered around a room, I think, 5 would be quite nice. GU10 fittings.
Do you have access to the ceiling/floor void and how deep is the void?
This would depend on ease of access and route the cable/method of installation required, to comply to building regulations.

Is this difficult to do?,
Again ease of access and ease of route, would determined this!
and how much for this?

Again would depend on a few variables, the positioning of the sockets with regards to the supply feed, the, if easy access is available within fabric of the building (walls, floors, ceilings). The ease of the route, method of installation and whether RCD protection is existing on circuit.
Being remote of the installation, it would be difficult to calculate costs, your best bet is to contact 3 recommended electricians and get quotes from them and take it from there!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back