Cold upstairs radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Glowworn Majorca fire/back boiler. Some of the upstairs radiators get warm but not hot when the heating is on. I have bled them numerous times (with the heating turned off) and released air but they never get as hot as the downstairs radiators. Im not sure what kind of heating system I have or if there is a cistern tank somewhere that needs topping up (its not in the loft) could it be the pump thats not working? Any advice would be very welcome.

Sponsored Links
Unlikely to be a failed pump, as the symptom of that is usually hot upstairs and cold downstairs.

If you remove the cover from the end of the pump then you should (a) get a small amount of water escaping (catch it in a tray) and (b) see the pump shaft turning - compare with the pump off if you're not sure.

If all else fails then shut off all the rads that are hot and see if the remaining rads benefit from the increased flow through them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back