main baxi combi central heating fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if theres any engineers on line i could do with some help. my boiler fires up and runs on dhw. if the green light for ch comes up the pressure gauge rises and after 20 seconds the boiler locks out e1 68 error (no ignition) removed the 2 way valve top and watched the pin actuater which changes when dhw or ch are called for. i pushed the pin in on the actual valve it was hard to push but was not seized. also the pump has power going to it but gets very hot. would the ch work if the pump was faulty, cheers jim

Sponsored Links
Neither the CH nor the DHW would work normally if the pump was not working!

would you have any idea where the fault could lie , this morning i tried it and it locked out on ch, so i re-set it ran the hw so the burner lit when i turned the hw off the ch was calling and came on, the digital display started to raise (which i take it means the ch sensor must be working) and the rads started to warm.. however if i turn it off so the ignition is off and then ask the ch to come on it locks up again

I have an idea of what it might be but would want to watch the boiler and monitor the temperatures to correctly identify the fault.

Tony

Sponsored Links
if you tell me what to watch and what temps to moniter i can do it, where are your thoughts (i was wondering if the 3 way valve wasnt fully operating) jim

Ive been told on another forum this is a common fault caused by a failure on the pcb does this seem likely, as i will go and get one therwise, thanks jim

How would you deal with any gas settings on the PCB ?

Sorry i dont understand the question what gas settings are set on the board ive been led to believe the error code is a comunication problem between the components and the board, regards jim

You have not specified your exact boiler model.

However, these are usually gas settings on the PCB which have to be adjusted when a new one is fitted!

Tony

Its a baxi eco 25 are you familia with this model and does it sound like a pcb to you

Ive been told on another forum this is a common fault caused by a failure on the pcb does this seem likely, as i will go and get one therwise, thanks jim
I think advising as to whether someone is doing the correct repairs for you is one thing but clearly you are a well meaning man without a clue. Not going argue with anyone about this because I have it as fact that unless you are a member of the Gas Safe register you just can't work on boilers mate. Protect yourself and save your money.

the full model is Main combi eco 25 made by baxi and ive checked through all the components including stripping the 3 way valve and re-greasing still have the same problem. so i guess it must be the board

sorry i posted a link to the fault codes then realised i shouldn't have

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back