Baxi Bahama 100, a few issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right then. Well the boiler stopped working because the water pressure went to minimal (must be a slow leak somewhere, does this gradually over the course of the year). So I re-applied pressure to around 2, but the unit is still not operational.

Now normally if the pilot light goes out this will be indicated on the front panel (apparently this can happen when the pressure gets too low?) but this is not the case, so I took the cover off finally and I can not see any pilot light lit either! So perhaps the LED or whatever the light uses in that panel to indicate the pilot light is off has blown out, because I can't see any flame at all with the lights out.

So basically I would like to know how to manually re-ignite the pilot light, reset button does no good at all.

Sponsored Links
You seem to be making a lot of assumptions about the boiler. For example, how do you know there is a pilot light?

The best approach to problem solving is to identify facts for which there is evidence - e.g. boiler does not work - and then progress from there, following the fault finding section of the manual.

No, I am saying there is no pilot light BUT it is not indicating on the panel that there is none which is odd. Unless the pilot light is so small that it can't be seen in the dark through that little window?

I think we have confusion over whether there is a pilot light or not. If there is not, why are you trying to light it? You appear to think there is a pilot light, but that it is not alight. Why do you think there is one?

Sponsored Links
As far as my eyes can tell there is no pilot light, I am saying that the front panel should indicate this but it does not so there might be an issue with that.

So yes I am saying there is NO pilot light. And err I wish to light it to get the boiler working again?

Fatila, I shall say this only once (more).....

If the boiler does not have a pilot light, why are you trying to light it? It does not exist! You cannot light something that is not there!

Some boilers have pilot lights, some don't. The Baxi Bahama does not! Forget about pilot lights!

Do you have a copy of the installation manual?

Yes I do have an instruction manual.

Where I am looking here is the "Combustion box door panel" now this thing might not be called a pilot light, but it is some sort of flame correct? And there is no flame visible through this window.

Disregarding that for the moment, fault flow chart points to domestic flow switch. If this is at fault which one of the various flow switches is it exactly?

ARGH!!! Stop being such an irritating ****!!

The geezer has a pilot light. It used to be lit. There is a window for seeing the fu*king pilot light. THE BOILER HAS A PILOT LIGHT GOD DAMN IT!!!

Please tell him how to fix this and get over the damn pilot light!!! IT HAS ONE AND ITS NOT LIT!!! GAH!!!

Before you go any further, you should understand that fault diagnosis in a combi boiler requires a certain level of competence, particularly with using a multimeter.

Since you did not appear to understand the difference between a pilot light and the main burners, I wonder if you have the necessary competence. It might be best to get a professional in.

Page 41 of manual shows pictures of principal components, including flow switch, but don't try to do anything with this unless you know what you're doing.

Haze said:
THE BOILER HAS A PILOT LIGHT GOD DAMN IT!!!
If you, Haze, are so familiar with this boiler, perhaps you'd like to explain how to light the pilot light?

AS a baxi engineer i can confirm that this boiler has not got a pilot light and is electronic ignition and the viewing window is for merely viewing the burner when it is alight :p

Also change your flow switch which is behind the diverter valve and this will fix your boiler 99% guaranteed (well theres always that one ) :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, yes I must confess to being totally ignorant about boilers and kept thinking pilot light really, had not even heard of anything else ;)

I have taken the flow switch out (Key no. 26) and as there does not appear to be anything to clean etc, guess I'll be buying a new one then. I suppose most plumber shops will have one.

Either that or actually call in a pro, but as I've come this far now it would be a shame to admit defeat :oops:

You can get a new flow switch from a spares supplier -Parts Centre, Curzon, + numerous on-line ones - do a search on Google and see what you find.

If you've taken the old one out, putting the new one back shouldn't be a problem. Follow instructions page 36. Note there are CH and DHW flow switches and are interchangeable. Flow switch failure is frequent fault on Bahamas (I now remember).

I hope you can now see the point of my trying to get you to drop "pilot light" idea. ;)

Right got a spare switch but not fitted it yet, another problem has arisen. Yesterday I used the pressure relief valve to get some water out of the system but I am not sure if it closed properly, the water gradually leaks out over 5 minutes, there seems no obvious way to fix this as the valve seems to return to position. Any ideas? Also now the no flame icon is indicating.

I see that you are in Surrey!

Chris R is also in Surrey! He should be able to sort out simple boiler problems.

I wonder where Haze has gone?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back