fuse connection unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could somebody tell me when connecting a fuse connection unit where mains wires are connected.There are four terminals two marked as supply or feed and two as load.I have connected mains wires to supply and hood wires to load terminals.Lights comes on but hood itself does not.3 amps fuse is used in fcu.It is hotpoint brand new hood.I want to make sure that i have connected wires correctly before i call hot point service engineer.Tkank you.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have connected correctly.

Have you not cut enough insulation off the load side cablea nd have tightened onto the insulation.

Check output from FCU and continuity of appliance.

Qedelec said:
Sounds like you have connected correctly.

Have you not cut enough insulation off the load side cablea nd have tightened onto the insulation.

Check output from FCU and continuity of appliance.
Light comes on but nothing hapens to hood .

Sponsored Links
You have it connected correctly as is proven by the lights working. Your either not operating the hood (by which I assume you mean an extractor fan !) correctly or it is defective.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back