Waterproofing grout - Can it be done?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Im thinking of waterproofing the grout between the tiles around the bath after being told that the grout may not be waterproof.
The bath is also used as a shower and water from the shower tends to pour down the tiles and back into the bath. I've recently fitted a Tele-flex seal onto the tiles around the edge of the bath and I want to stop any more leaks before they occur.
My question is, is there anything available which I can just apply with a small brush?
If so then what and where can I get it?

Thanks in advance ;)

PS
For anybody who may be experiencing a leaking bath seal. The Teleflex seal is highly recommended and available from B&Q and screwfix for about £30. Brilliant product and worth every penny

Sponsored Links
My question is, is there anything available which I can just apply with a small brush?

No not that I'm aware of, plnety of additives available that enhance the grout, but not a paint on cure all as far as I know.

HG do a product called super protector for wall and wall grout whihc is a transparent paint on fluid. It seals the pores in the grout making it impervious to dirt, grease and moisture,

Sponsored Links
IUndeed, it soaks in to the grout and make that impervious, but it doesn't make the grout any more of a waterproof barrier then it was before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back