Service M6135

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Service M6135 (3 years old) accepts water, agitates once, empties and ends programme. Same on all programme selections. :(

Sponsored Links
dickyred said:
Service M6135 (3 years old) accepts water, agitates once, empties and ends programme. Same on all programme selections. :(

Update - brushes in the motor are fine. There was a black mark on the rear of the control card and I added a spot of solder.

Reassembled, but still no joy. The machine doesn't even agitate at all now.

Any ideas?

the black mark was probably a dry joint on a motor relay. i assume you cleaned the joint thoroughly before resoldering it.
also you wil find two resistors in parallel. they will probably be 6.2k. it's very common for these to fail. i replace these with two 5.6k ceramic resistors from r.s. components. of course if you meter them whilst still on the board the resistance will be half the value.

keithwasherman said:
the black mark was probably a dry joint on a motor relay. i assume you cleaned the joint thoroughly before resoldering it.
also you wil find two resistors in parallel. they will probably be 6.2k. it's very common for these to fail. i replace these with two 5.6k ceramic resistors from r.s. components. of course if you meter them whilst still on the board the resistance will be half the value.

Thanks KW.
I'm not very techy and I think replacing resistors may be beyond me.
How difficult is it to identify and change these?
Would someone test/repair the control card at a reasonable price?

Sponsored Links
For module repairs, ring EMW on 0115 9652118. They will need any numbers marked on the board e.g. DMPA, 546023301.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back