Zanussi FJDR1466s Drain Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The drain pump on my zanussi washing machine appears to have died with no warning. It is not coming on at all so if I put a wash on the machine just stalls throughout the cycle aso I have to manually drain it after the wash then again after the rinse etc.
Can someone tell me what is the likely cause and how much it is likely to cost me. Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
the first thing to do is check the filter housing for something like a stuck bra wire which would prevent the pump from turning. if you can't find anything then you can drain off all water and tilt the machine backwards( switched off of course). behind the filter area you will find your pump. i would expect it to be grey coloured and a bayonet fit with three lugs to hold it on to the filter. it can be easily removed by pushing aside a lock tab and giving the pump a quarter turn. if you decide that you need a new one, i can tell you that the trade price is approx £7. the retail could be much more. to make sure and if you are competent/confident you could rig it up to a power source of 240volts and see if it turns. make sure that it is secure and that the connections are safe. the polarity i.e. live and neutral are irrelevant.

Thanks so much Keith, we had a look and yep just as you said there was something in there stopping it from turning.. the bit at the end of a Bic pen to be exact. Rogue item removed and fingers crossed machine seems to be working ok again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back