central heating restorer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anybody the easest way to put furnox into my central heating system.I have watched it being done but it was over 4 years ago.The restorer was put into a radiator first,then the system was run for a couple of days,then the protector was put in after this.Could someone tell me if this is correct as i need to do it again?thanks

Sponsored Links
it only works well if you drain and refill the system with "clean" water first. I usually inject into drained down system then refill. best to leave it for about a week if your system is old and clogged up . Just run the heating as normal then drain down as before adding protector when you refill it.

Thanks mate.Will drain down completely put in restorer.Leave for week then drain down again to get rid of any sludge.Then put in protector with clean water.Do you know how much the furnox materials are???looked on several sites but cant seem to find it??

Restorer is about £15-£20, unless you get the fancy one in a cartridge then you'll be looking at £20-£25. MB1 is about £12-£15. Available from most plumbing merchants and DIY outlets. Although Sentinel products seem to be 'en vogue' at the moment rather than Fernox.

Sponsored Links
Can you buy a hose for draing a central heating system down.I need minimum 10 meters,or is best to try and make a one up???
Looked on ebay but didnt see anything?

Yes you can, it's a common or garden common or garden hose, as in B&Q! Drain cocks are usually the right size for it but some are a bit small so wrap pvc tape round the spigot.

If you don't have a drain cock anywhere, you can drain a rad and conect to the rad valve union. This is usually the same size/thread as a garden tap (3/4 bsp) though some are 1/2" so you need the little plastic bush you get with hose bits.

Can you tell me the best way to refill a drained down system.Do i have to open every radiator vent before hand.The open the filling loop??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back