no earth in lighting curcuit

MrA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
all of the earth cables for the lights are in the switches (connected) and in the cealing rose,s (connected) but i have no earth in the lights,where do you think the disconection could be ???

Sponsored Links
Does the circuit loop in at the switches? (are there 2 or 3 sets of wires for every single switch?) Possibly they took the earths to the switches but left them there, not carrying them on to the lights. Fools.

PS. May i enquire, why are you bothered?

EDIT: OR you have a junction box system, with the loop in at junction boxes in the ceiling. Can you get into the loft? Check here.

theres two earth cables in each box, and each rose has a light going to and from it, (i havent found the last rose in the chain yet,)

I had a frend do a quick test (niceic) he even gave me a report, (nice)
I am letting my home out in a few months, so was hoping to do as much as i could before i have to get my inspection report

Sponsored Links
because i have No earth in the light circuit, and its mentioned in the report, obviously :rolleyes:

One the one hand you said:
all of the earth cables for the lights are in the switches (connected) and in the cealing rose,s (connected)
but on the other hand you said:
i have No earth in the light circuit
The two are not compatible.

What exactly does the report say?

Why not ask your friend what you should do?

"unable to get any earth loop reading for all lights,"
Earth fault.
he is on holliday again (he has about 6 a year (lucky bugger)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back