Skip it... or sell it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why is there no marketplace for swaps and secondhand goods on this site? Or is there something similar elsewhere?

For instance, I am soon to liberate a Boulter balanced flue that would give many more years of active service. New, they cost around £150. What a dreadful waste if it ends up in the council skip.

Last year I scrapped a pair of massive 6ins flue pipes and elbows. They're now in a landfill site, but I bet someone somewhere would be glad of them.

On Ebay there's a brand new Danfoss 2-port valve going "surplus to requirements", latest bid £6.99. I just paid over £50 for one and would have been delighted to treble that bid. The vendor, advertising it on a plumber's site, could have got much more for it if the ad was allowed to stay longer than Ebay's, giving time for buyer to match seller as needs arise.

While we're at it, 1,200 litre oil tank, mint green, art deco features, only a few holes...

Paul

Sponsored Links
...........I am soon to liberate a Boulter balanced flue............

1) You may not need to do anything with your flue if the burner is set up properly. (hmm.....then you could sell the flexi etc. :D )

2) Why be in such a hurry, keep it in the garage, and let your mates down the pub know about it from time to time. Someone may want it.

Bog off, Oilman. I'm angry (see other post).

Paul

*Don't mean it, honestly.

Plastic or steel tank? Can you post a photo?

Sponsored Links
Ah, I see you've been down the pub for quite a while tonight then, and probably got chucked out.

On Ebay there's a brand new Danfoss 2-port valve going "surplus to requirements", latest bid £6.99

Shhhh! I'm watching that one. And the others. I've got some but you never know when you're going to need one. Actually I have two hundred and seventy three - it says on my list.

When I need one I can never quite put my hand on one so I have to buy a new one of course. Perhaps if I had the round three hundred....

I blame the way the people I have working with me pack the van! One Saturday a guy loaded the van, you know like he was making a bonfire, then had the cheak to say to me "your van is a mess". I said well you just packed it!

Once had two other employees and we just had one job that week, an ensuite, the other two guys are massive, apart from when we were tiling, me doing one wall, Stuart doing oppsoite wall, our bums touching, Matty was in the bedroom doing the cuts for us. Had to keep sending him to tidy the vans.

Matt's method of tidy the van is take everything out and then stuff it back in floor to ceiling in one corner, so you have a huge empty space and no chance of ever finding a Grundfos pump a part II float valve or a 1/2 in fibre washer.

By the time you do find the stock it's completely ruined.

Answer is not to work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back