popped??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
The other day i put my washing in, turned on the machine and i heard a popping sound - exactly like a papty popper and a smell of burning just like a papty popper too, which went after a minute or two. It hasn\\\'t worked since and i don\\\'t know a thing about machines. Please advise me!!! :LOL: [/u][/i][/b]

Sponsored Links
sounds like the mains filter has burnt out. they sometimes go off with a bang. basically it is the cylinder shaped device that is in line between your mains lead and the rest of the machine. it wil be located at the rear of the cabinet inside. with power off, check it out for signs of damage. you can even by-pass it if you like as it is only there to stop interference on you telly etc.

It actually looks OK! but I will change it anyway to see if it makes a difference. Any idea where i can get one and what do i have to look for...
P.S my machine is literally dead so if it is a thing that can be bypassed - how do i get it up and running again????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back