2 Way switch and separate light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased a new Downstairs 16 amp 2 gang 2 way switch to control a 2 way light and a separate light in the downstairs hallway.The existing wiring downstairs has 2 cables coming into the switch that are connected as follows:
Red to A-black to A-Green to Earth
Red to B2-Yellow to B- Blue to B1.
The new downstairs switch has connections marked;
(Top) 1 way -Com -Com 1Way and
(Bottom) 2 Way -2 Way. Have I purchased the right switch? and why are the connections marked different.I have not purchased the upstairs switch yet but that has 2 cables and they are connected as follows:
Red to Red from other cable- Blue to Black from other cable and Yellow to Common - Earth to Earth. Help!!I would greatly appreciate your help in this matter.

Sponsored Links
Look in the For Reference topic for details of how 2-way switches are wired.

With those, and using your multimeter to identify wires and switch terminals you'll be fine.

I have purchased a new Downstairs 16 amp 2 gang 2 way switch

16amp!!!! that'll switch nearly 4 Kilowatts of lighting. Do you intend to illuminate a football stadium?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back