Damp Proof Quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could you guys help me with estimating the cost of having my living room walls injected to fix the problem i have with damp. The wall in question is 7metres long including 4 small alcoves.

Job description, remove skirting boards, chop out 1 metre high of plaster, inject the walls, then make good walls and re-fit skirting.

I am having some quotes done this week but use this site as i am a gas engineer and know it can can be useful.

Sponsored Links
bit difficult without some pics,are the walls solid/cavity?if cavity are they going to open up the walls and clear out all/any crap etc this can be very time consuming.
what sort of dpc are they installing?

remember you could save a few quid with the re plastering by employing your own spread and getting them to use the inhibitor etc.

terraced house, adjoining wall, 9inch solid wall, chimney in front room has been removed from the bedroom above but im sure its rising damp

Sponsored Links
and ill ask again as iirc i asked in that thread,if rising damp doesnt exist why are we still installing dpm in out floors and walls.????

traced one of the patches to a 4 inch external wall in which next doors down pipe discharges to no drain so the 4 inch wall which attaches to my property is soaking up the water and then my outside wall pulls it in. sorry for poor grammer in a rush for sunday football

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back