Yet another old bath new taps problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old ceramic bath and the taps are fitted inside the bath instead of the more common place of on top of the rim. The taps seriously need replacing, does anyone know where i can find this type of tap or what I can do to block the holes left by the old taps and how I would go about fitting regular taps on the rim? Before anyone suggests it, replacing the whole bath would mean removing the window and a few other permanent fixtures that would cost a fortune! :confused:

Sponsored Links
When you say ceramic I assume you mean that it's either cast iron or steel with enamelled coating. If it's steel it is possible to drill the bath for new tap position 'on the rim'. As far as covering the existing tap holes you could use blanking plates - I'm not sure that they would look to good.

I'm not sure at which end of Hampshire you live, but if you are anywhere near Farnborough then there is a very good plumbers merchant at North Camp - Lunns, they may be able to help you with replacement taps.

www.lunns.net

They sound like Globe taps on the inside, go to a antique reclamation yard and you should be able to pick up another pair. Suggest you fit non- return valves to comply with water regs. The taps can be immersed in bath water and this is to stop backflow into the domestic system and contaminating it.

Many thanks for your prompt replies you have been a great help. "Newboy" I'm South Hants and Farnborough is not far so if you could let me know the name of that plumbers merchant I would appreciate it. :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link to *LUNNS* the Plumber`s merchant, newboy.I`ve listed them on my favourites. ;) General screwup. You have been demoted to corporal cockup for not being observant :LOL: Taps are definitely Globe taps as sugested, and salvage yard sound sgood to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back