Main water pipe earth bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have no bonding on the main water pipe coming into my house. I have an earth spike near to the water pipe, but should I use the connection in my Consumer Unit or will the Earth Spike be ok?

Sponsored Links
steveyj said:
I have no bonding on the main water pipe coming into my house. I have an earth spike near to the water pipe, but should I use the connection in my Consumer Unit or will the Earth Spike be ok?

I think so, as we have the earth spike for the CU and another by the garage, which is the one near to my water main.

Connect the main bonding cable (minimum 6mm²) to the main earth terminal (will either be separate, or inside the CU), i.e. the one that your installation earth spike is connected to.

Don't connect the bonding to a separate earth spike.

See p26 in the OSG.

Sponsored Links
steveyj said:
steveyj said:

I think so, as we have the earth spike for the CU and another by the garage, which is the one near to my water main.

Thanks very much

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back