Electrolux drum won't move!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Electrolux Aqualux 1000 washing machine drum is completely seized up and cannot be turned even manually.
I used the machine yesterday and heard a periodic scraping noise (which I thought was my neighbour working outside), but when I looked at the washing machine it was full of hot wet dirty washing and the drum would not move. Could anyone suggest what is wrong please?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like something has got between the drum and the tub and has completely jammed it up. Engineer callout time I think.

yes either something has got stuck from out of the wash load or less likely the heater element may have distorted and is now catching the drum. another option would be that if your machine has a gel type drive belt it may have disintergrated and got fould on the flywheel.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back