Hotpoint WD63 making awful racket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When the machine starts, the powder drawer sometimes leaks, and then once it starts filling up it makes a terrible screeching noise (it has only started doing this since a little while back and the machine hasn't been moved?). I don't think it is washing the clothes as well either, and then later when it's draining the same awful sound comes back.

Should I sling it and get a new one, or bother to get someone to look at it? Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
I would advise you to get it repaired as a lot of the new machines are inferior to your current Hotpoint. The soap drawer housing does need cleaning periodically with the drawer removed so this may cure the leakage problem. As for the noise, I'm not too sure, might even be the house plumbing rather than the machine.

Thanks, I was thinking of getting the thing hoiked out just in case somethings squashed? Bit of a long shot and I will have to wait til later as I can't budge that thing on my own (what a wimp!)

The only other odd coincidence is that I only started noticing this odd problem after our boiler was fixed a few weeks back. It's probably nothing to do with it as he didn't move the washing machine but you never know... whichever way you look at it, it's QUID LOSS! Hopefully not too much of it :)

it probably has everything to do with your plumbing work.
if the screch is only when filling without any drum movement then the plumbing will be the culprit. fido is right that you should clean out the drawer. hotpoints tend to accumulate sludge under the drawer. also your plumbing work may have increased the water prsure so you could try partially turning off the washer supply tap.

Sponsored Links
Keith- One more thing, I really apologise for sounding like such an idiot, but when you say turn off the washer taps partially, do you mean BOTH the red and blue ones under the sink, in one direction while the machine's filling up?

I wish I knew more about these things, I really do. Serves me right for yawning / not listening when my dad tried to show me how his washing machine worked once!

Hello, i just moved to a new house which it has the hotpoint aquarius WD63 washing machine. It started working (Program H, temp 30) it filled with water where the soup is, it started filling with water and then a loud noise (like a loud "tsaf" or "bam". It sounded like when electric fuse is overcharged). Now it doesn't not work at all. no power.
Any suggestions? thank you!

Check motor and carbon brushes
Door interlock
Mains supressor
Wiring loom shorted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back