COST SAVING!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just our luck – we have recently had a baby and now our boiler has broken down.
We live in a flat which has one bathroom and 7 medium sized radiators (only 5 working).

Our boiler must have come out of the Ark, it is a compact boiler Vaillant VCGB 112E, we also have a water tank in our airing cupboard.

I have just had a quote from BGas for installation of a new Condensing Boiler plus works to radiators and removal of water tank (to give us more storage space) which comes to £5200, I may know nothing about plumbing, but I am not an idiot to realise this is an over the top quote.

On this note, what should I be expecting to pay for a new boiler, labour and works to get all the radiators working? Our budget is very tight!

Appreciate any advice I can get…..

Craig

Sponsored Links
Have a conventioal boiler, and don't get seduced by a combi. Keep the cylinder. You then have back-up for hot water if the boiler breaks down, and if you have a baby just imagine no hot water over a weekend till the boilers's fixed.

Fair comment. Any idea what I should expect to pay for installation and works? £5200 seems to be rip off?

Only a fool would consider paying anything near 5K :evil:

Look in your local paper for the local Corgi fitters.

I would think you could get sorted easily for half BG price. :D

Sponsored Links
Bahco said:
Only a fool would consider paying anything near 5K

Especially as it'll be a local subbie who does the work. :LOL:
Don't you just love BG for making the rest of us look cheap :!: :LOL:

Very much agree with Oilman, sounds like you need good quality regular boiler, some new controls, and a good powerflush (colonic irrigation for heating systems) :eek:

seems a bit harsh, is that the cost before a bit of bartering or is there any asbestos removal or similar involved?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back