Excessive filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine has this problem \\\"Water continues to fill and drain at same time\\\". How can I fix it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Make sure the drain hose from the machine goes high up at some point so that water can only escape when pumped out and not drain away by gravity.

It has been working OK for about 3 years. Now when it's in the drain cycle it continues to fill and drain at the same time.

as fido implied, its probably siphoning, you need to raise your outlet pipe, i.e tie it with a piece of string so that at one point it is as high as your washer. (so it looks like an up turned letter U)

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
as fido implied, its probably siphoning, you need to raise your outlet pipe, i.e tie it with a piece of string so that at one point it is as high as your washer. (so it looks like an up turned letter U)

Else the pump is knacked and water is just running through it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back